Oxfordshire Family History Society AGM
The Society’s Annual General Meeting will take place at 8pm on Monday 26 June 2017 at the Exeter Hall, Oxford Road, Kidlington, Oxford OX5 1AB.
Any non-members present may not vote on any Society business. The Society’s constitution allows for a maximum of twelve members of the Executive Committee. Members of the Society may nominate candidates, with their agreement, for the posts of the honorary officers and committee members. Nominations must be received by the Hon Secretary, Julie Kennedy, by 1 June 2017. A list of nominations will be available at the AGM.
Annual General Meeting Agenda
- The President’s welcome and opening address.
- The Chairman presents apologies for absence.
- The Chairman presents the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Monday 27 June 2016 at the Exeter Hall.
- The Chairman presents the 40th annual report of the Society’s Executive Committee, for 2016.
- The Society’s accounts for year ended 31 December 2016 are presented.
- Election of officers and members of the Society’s Executive Committee for 2017–2018.
- Appointment of Independent Examiner of the accounts.
- Amendment to Constitution*
- The Chairman closes the meeting.
* There is a proposed change to the wording of the OFHS constitution to be voted upon in the meeting:
Present wording: Any member who is in arrears with the subscription shall be notified by the Treasurer. If the said member is still in arrears after six months, he or she will automatically cease to be a member of the Society.
Proposed new wording: Any member who has not renewed their subscription after 2 months will automatically cease to be a member of the Society.
Following the closing of the meeting, and before the invited speaker gives her talk, there will be a short opportunity for members to raise any matters concerning the Society that have not been dealt with under sections 4 and 5 above.
Julie Kennedy, Hon. Secretary
19 Mavor Close, WOODSTOCK, OX20 1YL
Following the Annual General Meeting:
Sue Honoré will talk on The Oxfordshire DNA and Surname Projects
Add a comment about this page