The Oxfordshire Family History Society’s Annual General Meeting will take place at 7.15pm on Monday 7 December 2020. The meeting will, by agreement of the Charity Commissioners, be held online.
The Society’s constitution allows for a maximum of twelve members of the Executive Committee. Members of the Society may nominate candidates, with their agreement, for the posts of the honorary officers (Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Editor) and committee members. Nominations must be received by the Secretary by Monday 16 November 2020. A list of nominations will be available at the AGM.
The Secretary – Tim Emptage
Oxfordshire Family History Society
℅ 28 Yarnton Road
1. Apologies for absence (Chairman – Malcolm Austen)
2. Minutes of AGM held Monday 24 June 2019 (Chairman)
3. 44th Annual report of the Society’s Executive Committee for 2019 (Chairman)
4. Accounts for year ended December 2019 (Treasurer – John Beckerleg)
5. Election of Dr Malcolm Graham as President of the Society (Chairman)
6. Election of officers and other members of the Society’s Executive Committee for 2020 – 2021 (President)
7. Appointment of Independent Examiner of the Accounts (Chairman)
8. Approval of the proposed changes to subscription rates from 1 January 2021 (Chairman)
a) raising the ordinary (UK individual) rate to £10 p.a. [was £9 p.a.]
b) retaining the family (UK household) rate at £10 p.a.
c) raising the overseas (Worldwide household) rate to £15 p.a. [was £12 p.a.]
9. Close of meeting
Following the closure of the meeting, and before the invited speakers give their talk, there will be a short opportunity for members to raise any matters concerning the Society that have not been dealt with during the AGM.
The Chairman’s report for 2019 and the minutes of the 2019 AGM are available below.
The accounts for 2019 are accessible below. These are also accessible on the Charity Commission’s website.
At 8pm Sylvia Levi & Simon Fowler will give a talk entitled ‘Christmas food and drink through the ages’.
Add a comment about this page