OFHS has heard of a Zoom conference taking place on 30 January 2021. It is posted for information only and is not an endorsement of the conference. Details are below.
The 3rd annual ‘A Winter of DNA’ virtual conference is coming up on Saturday, 30th January 2021 The past virtual conferences were very successful and had great attendance.
Speakers will be talking about the following:
DNA & Law Enforcement – Marian Woods
GEDmatch Basics – Kitty Cooper
Tracing Ancestral Lines in the 1700s Using DNA – Tim Janzen
A Guide To Chromosome Browsers & DNA Segment Data – Michelle Leonard
The online sessions will begin at 10am Eastern Time on Saturday, 30th January 2021 (3pm UK time). Some answers to common questions that people have asked us:
1. Yes, the sessions are live. These are not pre-recorded, so if you have questions, then please ask them in the chat during any of the sessions and we’ll get them answered.
2. Yes there are door prizes.
3. No, you don’t have to be watching the live presentations to win (although we hope you do), everyone who is registered will be eligible to win the door prizes.
4. Yes, recordings of the sessions will be available for 30 days after the virtual conference so even if you can’t make the live session, register so that you can watch the recordings.
5. Yes we use our webcams. You don’t have to watch slides all the time. You also get to see people.
6. Yes, this event is open to anyone who wants to register. No need to travel or even change out of your pyjamas if you don’t want to.
As with past events there will be a 5th hour panel discussion where you can ask questions about any of the topics or even anything else related to genealogy and research. Early bird registration is only $19.99 until January 22nd. The regular registration price is $24.99. Learn more at the website (https://www.familyhistoryfanatics.com/winterdna) and register today.
Andrew & Devon Noel Lee
Family History Fanatics
Humble, TX | +1 346-704-1433