This CD of Monumental Inscriptions includes the villages of Aston, Cote, Shifford and Lew.
Aston covers 270 separate monuments in the churchyard and 45 inside the church.
Cote Baptist Chapel covers 216 monuments in the churchyard and 9 inside the chapel.
Shifford covers 84 monuments in the churchyard and 15 inside the church.
Lew covers 39 monuments in the churchyard and 10 inside the church.
One of the oldest stones found was of Richard Williams 1710.
All monuments have been recorded by the project team.
The CD contains photographs of all the monuments, with their transcriptions, plus a name index and a clickable plan of the churchyard.
The CD, OXF-MI-BAA, is available, at £6 plus postage, from the Society through our shopping cart.
Add a comment about this page