A date that is a must for the diary is the first Saturday in October. This is the day the Society holds its annual Fair at The Marlborough Church of England School, Shipton Road, Woodstock, OX20 1LP.
Entry to the Fair is free, as is parking. Refreshments are provided by Good Food Catering who are praised each year by many of our visitors for the quality and variety of their food.
What can you expect to see at the Fair? A variety of Family History and Local History Societies providing information and selling books and other goods related to their respective areas. There will also be some specialised stalls such as:
- Military history
- Old postcards of areas you may have a family link to
- Specialised genealogy goods
The Society has a hall dedicated to Oxfordshire records, including Wills. Advice is also available to try to help break down your brick walls with your Oxfordshire ancestors.
Please be aware that the 2020 fair has been cancelled due to the pandemic.
The Society throughout the year attends fairs organised by others. Fairs we have committed to attending are:
- Family Tree Live, Alexandra Palace, London – 17 & 18 April 2020 (Cancelled)
- Buckinghamshire FHS Family History & Open Day, The Grange School, Aylesbury – 25 July 2020 (Cancelled)
- The Family History Show London, Kempton Park Racecourse, Shepperton – 26 September 2020 (Online only but OFHS will not be represented)
- The Family History Show South West, UWE Conference Centre, Bristol – 20 February 2021
At each fair we will be selling our CDs of Parish Records and Monumental Inscriptions and a range of books related to Oxfordshire. Advisors will also be available to help track down that elusive Oxfordshire ancestor.