OFHS welcomes members from around the world. Please join the Society; you will be contributing to developing family history in Oxfordshire and beyond as well as gain support and help from other members.
- Talks – we hold talks at least 12 times a year on a variety of topics, not just Oxfordshire-based, so they are useful to all family historians. In 2020 we started holding online talks for members and recordings of most of these are available after the event in our Members’ area.
- There are highly knowledgeable members within the Society who are there to help with everything from breaking down brick walls to getting started in family history research
- We provide an award-winning journal three times a year full of articles. We encourage you to submit your own too, where you will reach many others who share your research interests.
- You support our events. We hold an annual fair where you can access many vendors in one location. We also attend other fairs in the UK.
- Our Members’ Area contains information which is not available to the public.
- We provide periodic discounts and special offers.
- Most importantly – by joining you will support projects to preserve and research Oxfordshire family history via the Society’s projects – scanning of fragile documents, DNA research, transcription of records, photographing and advisory services.
All for a very modest annual fee.
At present, this is £10 for UK Household Membership and £15 for Overseas Household Membership. If a member joins after 1 October, the membership lasts for the remainder of the year and for the whole of the following year.
Please join us and support our work.