OFHS welcomes members from around the world. Please join the Society; you will be contributing to developing family history in Oxfordshire and beyond as well as gain support and help from other members.
- Talks – we hold talks at least 12 times a year on a variety of topics, not just Oxfordshire-based, so they are useful to all family historians. In 2020 we started holding online talks for members and these recordings are available after the event in our Members’ Area.
- There are highly knowledgeable members within the Society who are there to help with everything from breaking down brick walls to getting started in family history research
- We provide an award-winning journal 3 times a year full of articles. We encourage you to submit your own too, where you will reach many others who share your research interests.
- You support our events. We hold an annual fair where you can access many vendors in one location. We also attend other fairs in the UK.
- Our Members’ Area contains information which is not available to the public.
- We provide periodic discounts and special offers.
- There is a members’ mailing list where you can contact other members.
- Most importantly – by joining you will support projects to preserve and research Oxfordshire family history via the Society’s projects – scanning of fragile documents, DNA research, transcription of records, photographing and advisory services.
All for a very modest annual fee. Please join us and support our work.